Our group decided to borrow the filming equipment throughout the half term allowing flexibility in the hours we can record and reducing pressure of returning items back. It also enabled us to take our time and dedicate a lot of time to recording that right shot.
- 10:30am - meet at Poppy's house in Highgate for a briefing of what tasks we will be following out over the course of the day. First task being heading to Queens Woods which is located two minutes from her house.
- 10:45am - Get Erika (who plays the dead girl) into character this includes changing into the white dress that was recently purchased and lightly spraying her hair with water to make it seem as though she is deceased ( XD ) as well as head to the woods.
- 11:00am - Enter the woods and set up equipment and shoot shots of Erika running through the Woods and try to make her look generally creepy such as recording her sitting on a branch of a tree.
- 12:00pm - Head to the abandoned house that is located on Poppy's street and set the mise-en-scene of the highly intertextual bathroom scene. This includes dousing the bath and sink in fake blood as well as Erika's dress and also creating rips that resemble a stab wound by paying specific attention to applying far more blood on the the cuts to make seem realistic.
- 13:00pm - Begin to take shots of Erika in the bath paying special attention to her face to indicate that she is dead by not making her blink ( A fun task) also shooting the blood trickling of fingers shot onto the floor. ( Poppy's specialty)
- 13:45pm - After recording the different camera shots of Erika in the bath we moved onto the Psycho inspired blood down drain shots, by applying the blood to the sink and applying a bit of water to make it drip and dilute with the water.
- 14:00 pm - Following these shots we moved onto doing the shots of me carrying and dragging Erika up the stairs like a deranged lunatic which got my clothes and hands equally as "bloody" as Erika's.
I had left at this point to attend a animation workshop I had been doing throughout the holiday.
- 14:50 pm - Take a handheld POV shot of walking into the house, up the stairs and into the bathroom where Erika stayed motionless in the bathtub allowing the reminiscent dream scene to occur.
- 15:15pm - Head back to the woods to finalize shots of Erika, its better to have too many than too less.
- 16:00 pm - Day 1 complete!